HISTORY OF THE MARVELL JEWEL
Linford C. Marvell was Master of Overland Park Lodge in 1935. He served the Lodge as Secretary for 23 years from 1937 util shortly before his death. Lindford joined the Grand Architect of the Universe on June 19, 1961.
The Jewel that bears his name was conceived of by W. Doc Curts in 1961. It was cast that year by Harold Gladson, a jeweler in Overland Park. Brother Gladson was a member of this lodge.
Doc Curts first passed the Jewel to then W:. Roy Sullivan, who was Master in 1963. The Jewel has been passed from Master to Master ever since.
This jewel represents the leadership of Overland Park Lodge.